Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The dishes were done!

One of the greatest gifts a home cook can receive is the lovely gift of clean dishes.  Yesterday, after dinner, I went outside with the big boys to weed the front flower bed.  I came in thinking that the dishes ought to be next on my list.  I was dreading the thought, but low and behold, when I rounded the corner I saw the most beautiful sight a home cook can see.  My sweet hubby was standing there washing the dishes!  So, instead of spending the next thirty minutes in the kitchen, I got to play with the baby.  Thank you sweetie for that fantastic gift.

6 comments:

Alice Alfred said...

You are, indeed, a blessed woman!! I don't think I have ever seen my father, once, do the dishes. God is so good!!

Hannah said...

That's real romance for you...doing dishes when you'd rather be eating bon-bons.

By the way...new background is gorgeous...love it!

Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy said...

Wow! I can appreciate what a wonderful feeling that is! Hope you and your baby enjoyed the bonus time :)

Michelle Tomo said...

How sweet! I love it when I find that my hubby washed the dishes too. :)

Adriana @ Live Laugh Love Learn said...

A couple of weeks ago I heard on the John Tesh program that most women consider husbands doing the dishes as near the top of a list of romantic gestures!

Christine said...

Ladies, you are so right. I am blessed beyond measure. Thank you for the lovely comments!