Tuesday, October 18, 2011

When a Baby Becomes a Boy

When does a baby become a boy?  I've seen it happen three times under my very own roof.  They grow.  They talk.  They walk.  Then one day, you look at them . . . and know.  Your precious baby is now - a boy.  It is not that they were not genetically all boy before, it's just that they are now . . . ALL BOY.  Their emotions, their play, their sense of humor - they move from that baby world to that world of little boy.  My youngest is there now.  I don't want to admit it.  I will probably still call him "baby", just because he is still my baby.  But, now, he is - ALL BOY.  How do I know?  The proof is in the picture . . .
"A Boy, a Ball and a Stick"
- You just can't get more "boy" than that!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I'd like to comment, but I need to get a tissue. Wah-hah-hahhhhh!

Adriana @ Live Laugh Love Learn said...

I call all of my boys "baby" - even my nine year old. Sometimes they give me the I'm-not-a-baby-I'm-a-big-boy talk, but I just firmly explain they they will always be my babies in my heart no matter how old or big!

Alice Lynn Alfred said...

This is so adorable...I love this picture....how cute can one little "boy" be? ....:>)

OneMommy said...

Had that same realization with my baby boy a few days ago. When I told my husband, he looked at me like, "Of course he is..." So hard to let the littlest go.