We gathered some simple "tools" to fix our problem.
A heavy bucket containing one sad little tomato plant.
(I didn't have the heart to throw him out or the space to plant him in the garden.)
One pair of knee high hose.
Then, Brother in the Middle snapped a picture of Mommy tying the hose to the trellis.
Now our peas are once again able to reach for the sky!
I have learned a few very valuable lessons from our little project.
1. Before you plant a new variety of snow peas, check to see how high they will grow.
2. Always make sure your trellis is big enough for the plant that will grow on it.
3. To fix many problems you don't need fancy tools, just creative thinking and a little help for your son(s).
Thank you, Brother in the Middle, for all your help in the garden.