What is my purpose?

Lately, I have been a bit scatter brained.  I flit about my day approaching one task after the other, without thought to my greater purpose.  These verses really spoke to me this morning:

"Lord, You have searched me and know me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it."
           ~ Psalm 139:1-6 NKJV

This shoots to the core of me.  The Lord knows my sitting down and my rising up.  He knows that I am sitting down at the computer this morning.  He is aware that I have avoided the dirty dishes.  He knows me.  He sees me.  He has put up boundaries (hedged) around me, and put his hand upon me. 

As I have gone about my day, flitting from activity to activity, God has had his hand upon me.  This is sobering.  My sweet boys lay upstairs and will soon be joining me for the day.  I can continue to flit about my days without focusing on the greater purpose, or I can choose to focus on HIS purpose.  He has taken the time to know me and to love me.  As the first morning sounds from my youngest boy trickle down the stairs, I am praying that this day be filled with his purpose.  His hand is upon me, and I pray that I will remain in His presence today.  I pray that this day, you remember that He made you and His hand is upon you.

Popular posts from this blog

To Share, Or Not To Share . . . . .

Does Perspective Really Matter?

Igniting My Re-imagined Dream - How I am embracing the past, living life to the fullest and hoping for the best.

Another day, another pair of dirty socks!

Sunday Afternoon Thoughts

The Conclusions of Why We Didn’t Sue Our Physician

Why We Didn't Sue the Doctor, Part 2 of the Journey

Family Vacation from February