Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Words To Live By Wednesday - Hit the Nail on the Head

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
~ Philippians 4:6-7 NKJV

This was the basis for my devotion this morning.  How I need to meditate on it.  I have not been letting the peace which surpasses all understanding have a chance in my heart this week.  I will be working on this.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Prayer seems to be a recurring theme this week everywhere I look. I must need to do it more...and I do! Thank you:-)

Hannah said...

Were you eating chocolate when you read this? Hee hee...just have to get in another little poke...I'm not as nice as Linda is.

I have been praying for you this week. Silly as they may be, feelings are feelings nonetheless, and I think you're a very loving Mom. Your tenderness is one of the things your hubby loves about you.

Christine said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Thanks also for your prayers. I deffinately need(ed) them this week.

Christian writer and editor said...

I definitely need that peace, and need to make more time with God... heavy workload no excuse. Thanks for this post! :-]