Funny Boy - Birthday Edition

Tuesday, I was on the phone, telling my dad that we were getting ready to go somewhere "fun" for my birthday.  My sweet five year old overheard.  He piped up with anticipation in his voice, "Mom, are we going to Chuck E. Cheese for your birthday?"

My quick and sullen reply came without a pause, "No, we are not going to Chuck E. Cheese for my birthday." 

Rolling laughter came from the other end of the phone, as Dad enjoyed the conversation from his perspective.

My dad continued to laugh as he reminded me of the time when I was little and I just insisted that , "Mommy really wants this baby doll for Christmas!"

It does seem that the more things change, the more they stay the same.  Glad we can still make you laugh, Dad!

Popular posts from this blog

To Share, Or Not To Share . . . . .

Does Perspective Really Matter?

Igniting My Re-imagined Dream - How I am embracing the past, living life to the fullest and hoping for the best.

Another day, another pair of dirty socks!

Sunday Afternoon Thoughts

The Conclusions of Why We Didn’t Sue Our Physician

Why We Didn't Sue the Doctor, Part 2 of the Journey

Family Vacation from February