Monday, November 21, 2011

For My Grandpa's Birthday

Dear Grandpa,

Memories of you span my lifetime. They begin in early childhood with your many visits to our home. I have memories of my visit to South Carolina when I flew down, ALL BY MYSELF, to visit you for A WHOLE WEEK! I remember visiting you in Conneaut as a teenager on the shores of Lake Erie. You came to my graduation to see me walk down the aisle and receive my diploma. I remember brining my fiancée to come meet you. I remember you at my wedding, as I took the most important steps of my life. Then, I have brought each of my children to share my grandpa . . . their great-grandpa with them. What most strikes me about each and every memory I hold of you is the ever large and wonderful hugs that you have given upon each and every visit. You have squeezed me and loved me and told me I was special. You embraced and loved my husband. You have squeezed each of my children and loved them too. Thank you Grandpa, for all the hugs!

Love,
Christine

2 comments:

Hannah said...

This makes me miss my own quiet grandpa...always calm, always loving, always there.

Kristin said...

That was lovely~
Happy Thanksgiving!