Lovely Lunch With My Three Sons

Last Thursday, my boys gave me a treat.  They decided that they wanted to take me to lunch.  They even wanted to pay for the lunch out of their own money.  So, off we went to our favorite dollar menu restaurant.  I was treated with smiles and sweetness and a lovely lunch. 

They took great pride in providing that simple meal.  I think that deep inside all people, even children, have the need to feel important and needed.  It builds up a man's self-worth to provide well for his family, and even my young boys have that need to provide. 

We talked about a few important issues and even fun subjects like the yummy ice cream that we were sharing for dessert.  The boys showed their best manners so well that it was noticeable to others around us.  One lady gave them a great compliment on her way out.  She stopped to compliment them on their good behavior, and in doing so made this mamma's heart swell with pride.  I am so blessed to have such sweet and thoughtful boys!

Oil on Canvas by
"Deutsch: Stilleben"
~Courtesy of Wikipedia


   

Popular posts from this blog

To Share, Or Not To Share . . . . .

Does Perspective Really Matter?

Igniting My Re-imagined Dream - How I am embracing the past, living life to the fullest and hoping for the best.

Another day, another pair of dirty socks!

Sunday Afternoon Thoughts

The Conclusions of Why We Didn’t Sue Our Physician

Why We Didn't Sue the Doctor, Part 2 of the Journey

Family Vacation from February