Friday Blooms - More Happy Surprise Flowers!


This flower came as a big surprise.  You might not realize it, but there can be many ways that a flower or a plant can surprise you.  Now, if you read my Friday Blooms two weeks ago (http://thegoodthepureandthelovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/friday-blooms-surprise.html), you read about my "Surprise Flowers" that catch me off guard each year.  Or, if you read my good friend Hannah's blog, you might remember when how was surprised by her cucumbers(http://todayathannahshouse.blogspot.com/2011/07/harvest-is-here.html).  This flower caught me off guard for a new reason.

This spring, I planted three different kind of sunflowers.  Excessive . . . yes.  Worth it . . . I thought so.  Unfortunately for me, some not so friendly birds watched the planting with a glint of greed in their eyes.  Over the next two days, I watched as the birds plucked almost every seed out of the ground.  The kids and I would holler and bang on the windows when we saw them, but with no success.  They got all but a few of the seeds.  The remaining seedlings were whisked away by the birds when they dared to peek their heads out of the ground.

So goes the tale of my beautiful Sunflower patch . . . or so I though.  I've been very negligent about weeding, so I didn't notice this one little plant in the back.  A few weeks ago, I noticed that his beautiful head had begun to form.   I was ecstatic!  Now, his beauty is a thrill.  No, he is not a large sunflower patch.  But sometimes, the simple beauty of one can outshine the glory of many.

Popular posts from this blog

To Share, Or Not To Share . . . . .

Does Perspective Really Matter?

Igniting My Re-imagined Dream - How I am embracing the past, living life to the fullest and hoping for the best.

Another day, another pair of dirty socks!

Sunday Afternoon Thoughts

The Conclusions of Why We Didn’t Sue Our Physician

Why We Didn't Sue the Doctor, Part 2 of the Journey

Family Vacation from February