Words to live by Wednesday - A Cheerful Heart

"A joyful heart is good medicine,
But a broken spirit dries up the bones."
~ Proverbs 17:22

Did it ever occur to you that a joyful heart is a decision?  Hmmm . . . . confession time . . . . "in clearing out the clutter", I have come to realize that I have not been choosing a joyful heart lately.  I was confessing to a dear friend, and she gave me some great advice.  She told me to take a break from the things that I was letting weigh me down and choose to do something fun with my family.  It was just that simple.  I came downstairs and chose a fun activity for myself and the boys.  Hugs, kisses and laughter were the balm that I needed today.  Now, I know that choosing a joyful heart is a daily (hourly) choice, so now I get to go forth and choose to be joyful.  Good advice from a dear friend - choose joyfulness.

Popular posts from this blog

To Share, Or Not To Share . . . . .

Does Perspective Really Matter?

Igniting My Re-imagined Dream - How I am embracing the past, living life to the fullest and hoping for the best.

Another day, another pair of dirty socks!

Sunday Afternoon Thoughts

The Conclusions of Why We Didn’t Sue Our Physician

Why We Didn't Sue the Doctor, Part 2 of the Journey

Family Vacation from February